Plan Your Own Event
Planning your own fundraising event means every detail can be tailored to what you will enjoy the most, whether it's a bungee jump for that adrenaline rush or a bake sale to get a sugar rush, you can create something perfect for you whilst raising funds to create brighter futures! It can also be a brilliant way for businesses to do team building activities whilst making a difference.
Top tips to kickstart your fundraising
- Decide what you would like to do to fundraise for us and write down the details of how you will achieve it. For example, it's a pub quiz night, think about when it will be, who will you invite, how much you would like to raise and where you will hold it? Not sure what you want to do? See our Fundraising Ideas below for inspiration!
- Set up an online fundraising page so you can easily ask your friends and family to support you in your fundraising event. You can do this quickly and simply through JustGiving.
- Tell people about it! Make sure you tell people what you're doing, why you're doing it and how their donations will help. Keep sharing the story and your progress in the build up to your challenge and afterwards too, so people have plenty of opportunity to support you! Social media is a brilliant way to get word of your fundraising out but you can also share news of your fundraising activities at work or in social groups you're part of.
- Organise a sports tournament or old school sports day
- Do an abseil, tandem skydive or a bungee jump
- Take on a fitness challenge where you set goals to suit you
- Organise your own triathlon
- Do a swimathon or open water swim
Celebrate a special occasion
- Ask for birthday donations on Facebook in aid of F4S
- Make a donation in lieu of Christmas cards
- Ask for a charity collection instead of gifts when leaving work
Get your game face on
- Hold a quiz night with your friends and family
- Live stream your gaming and raise funds through JustGiving
- Hold a scavenger hunt and charge people to take part
Socialise and fundraise!
- Hold an open mic night for singers, comedians and poets
- Host a ball dinner or gala for F4S
- Have a dinner party or a wine tasting
- Organise a mini festival or concert
Or if you're looking for ideas on how to support us through existing events, check out our Role Model Week, Runs & Cycles and Treks & Challenges. You can also keep up to date with our latest fundraising events by signing up to our newsletter or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For fundraising support or guidance, please contact Melanie on email@example.com who will be happy to help.