Sustainable Development Goals
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and improve the lives and prospects of everyone, everywhere.
The 17 Goals focus on building economic growth and address a range of social needs including education, health, social protection, and job opportunities, while tackling climate change and environmental protection.
At F4S, we want to uphold these values and with the launch of Digital Boost in 2020 we are proud to achieve even more SDG’s through our services than in previous years. We are keen to provide equal opportunities to all, empower students, and build the future talent pipeline to increase social mobility.
We directly align with 9 of the UN’s SDGs.
How we align
- No Poverty - Survival of SMEs and charities mean livelihoods are saved - from those employed to the populations they serve.
- Zero Hunger - By helping SMEs and charities survive and continue their operations, the most vulnerable populations of society can be saved from uncertainties over basic sustenance.
- Good health and well-being - By connecting volunteers who want to help, with schools and organisations who need this help in times of crisis, F4S fosters improved mental wellbeing for all by drawing on the power of community.
- Quality Education - F4S ensures all students have access to quality careers education, regardless of their background. We also provide world-class digitalisation training that SMEs and charities don’t otherwise have the resources to afford.
- Gender Equality - Women make up ⅔ of UK’s voluntary sector workforce (NCVO, 2019) - survival of small organisations means more opportunities to thrive for all genders. F4S supports female leadership development and promotes gender equity through our Maths4Girls programme.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth - 'Slow adoption of technology and modern practices contributes to a loss of £100B in GDP' (CBI study, 2017) - F4S directly helps to close the UK skills gap through focusing on our three pillars; Sustainability, Digital Careers and Maths4Girls - driving equity in STEM.
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure - Our mentoring, classroom encounters and workshops help teachers, small businesses & charities survive and thrive innovatively through digital methods. We work with partners such as Innovate UK to encourage the next generation into entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Reduced Inequalities - Underinvestment in digitisation has led to a 82% productivity gap between small and large businesses (European Commission Policy paper, 2019). F4S Role models in classrooms reach students who need them most. Digital Boost helps to unlock the full potential of small organisations.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities - By connecting digital experts to schools, small businesses and charities that need help, F4S foster greater community inclusivity and resilience globally.