We recently improved the journey for our Educators now it's the turn of our Volunteers. Our latest update means volunteers will have more control over the types of encounters they take part in and, by updating their profile, will be able to align their experience more closely to their interests. So what's changed?
- Volunteers can choose which type of events they would like to take part in
- DBS/PVG check box - if you have a valid certificate, let us know so you can become available for any school events that need this extra layer of safeguarding
- Share the languages you speak with us - Languages are an important career skill and can open a world of opportunities for young people. If you speak another language, Educators can choose you to highlight this to students.
- Updated options for volunteer details to help us align the matches better and to support our reporting to funders.
- New encounter types - career education is always changing and we change with it. Find out more below...
Our Refreshed Encounter Types
We are committed to offering educators the right encounter types for the career education events they are organising for students - this ensures young people get the career advice they need at the stage they need it most. We recently refreshed our encounter types and added some new encounters like our Apprenticeship Event. Take a look at what we now offer to see which ones suit your experience and expertise.
Here's a sneak preview of what you will see when you go to your dashboard to update your preferences.
Our Ask of Volunteers
- Go to your dashboard (you'll find a link under the login/your name)
- Go to MY DETAILS
- Read through the form and update where needed
- Do you still work for the same company?
- Has your job title changed?
- If you've got a valid DBS/PVG check, have you ticked yes?
- Have you chosen the encounter types/subjects you're interested in volunteering for?
- Don't forget to update your one-line description, profile, and language selection.
- Make sure you SAVE any details you've updated
If you've signed up to be a volunteer with us then you will receive an email in the next day or two asking you to update your preferences, please help us keep our database accurate by taking the time to check out your details, particularly your job title as this helps educators choose the right speaker for their events.
Why wait for the email, why don't you check your preference now to see what you would like to update?