Following a successful pilot, Young Enterprise will be joining forces with Founders4Schools (F4S) to deliver enhanced programmes with speakers from the fast growing local businesses. Founders4Schools, provides a resource that is made available for free to secondary schools across the UK, enables teachers to arrange for leaders of successful, growing businesses to visit their schools and inspire their students.
Following three successful pilots run in Leeds and West London, Young Enterprise will be teaming up with F4S, benefiting from their expert speakers at launch events for the Company Programme, and for master classes. The business founders give highly interactive talks to students in the classroom to students, sharing what they studied when they were in secondary school themselves, what motivated them to set up their businesses and why they would recommend considering a fast-growing innovative business as a leading career choice that can have a positive impact on the world The speakers offer young people unique insight into real-life applications from Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects. Young Enterprise and F4S are united in a commitment to link how learning STEM subjects can directly relate to building successful careers in the most innovative businesses that are leading the UK's economy.
Michael Mercieca, Chief Executive of Young Enterprise said, “I am thrilled to announce that Young Enterprise will be working more closely with Founders4Schools in the future. F4S are an extremely positive force for promoting business and entrepreneurship across the UK and their team of dedicated speakers, with their wealth of business experience, will be an asset to Young Enterprise.”
Sherry Coutu, Chairman of Founders4Schools said, “We are delighted to have partnered with Young Enterprise, to help them prepare young people for the world of work and help them to be more able to enter high impact career paths when they leave education. Students will now be able to connect to local business leaders that can raise their aspirations and mentor them, and along with the skills they will acquire through the YE programmes will be ready for a future filled with opportunities.
--- Ends ---
About Young Enterprise and pfeg
● Young Enterprise is the UK’s leading enterprise and financial education charity working with young people aged 4 to 25
● Following the recent merger of pfeg into Young Enterprise, we are a specialist ‘one stop shop’ for students and teachers, empowering young people to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need for work and in life
● With 14 years of experience, pfeg continues to support teachers, government, consumer bodies and financial industry representatives to assist schools in delivering personal finance education to the highest possible standards – enabling children and young people to understand money and make informed choices to support their long term economic well-being
● Our extensive network means we are supported by more than 5,000 volunteers and 3,500 businesses in schools, colleges and universities
● We also support teachers in 18,000 schools to plan and deliver financial education programmes
● For over 50 years Young Enterprise has worked with over four million young people across the UK to empower them to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need for the world of work through enterprise
● We are part of the global network JA-YE that operates in over 120 countries
● For more information on pfeg see www.pfeg.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
● For more information on Young Enterprise please see www.young-enterprise.org.uk or email Kate Corry on email@example.com
● Founders4Schools is the UK’s largest charity dedicated to helping young people access the leaders of growing companies.
● Founders4Schools enables children and young people to understand how the subjects they take exams in at school is related to the businesses that are growing and behind the economic growth in the UK thereby helping inform their choices to maximise their long term economic well-being
● Our extensive network means we are supported by more than 100 partners and 9,000 volunteers who lead growing businesses with more than £1 million in revenue who are willing to visit schools
●For more information on Founders4schools see https://www.founders4schools.org.uk or email Chris Blundell at Brunswick cblundell@BrunswickGroup.com
You can see the press release here: www.young-enterprise.org.uk/young-enterprise-to-work-in-partnership-with-founders-4-schools/